How about some music?
The charismatic fellow Syracusan, Mark Bialczak, nominated me and for this I’m still swimming in the excitement. I’m joined with others here. Unfortunately, I cannot nominate him back… as much as I want to. He brought that up the last time I nominated backsies the last time, and he may have rolled up a newspaper and waved it at me.
No he didn’t do that. Mark is too nice of a guy. That’s right, you worldly bloggers: I’ve met him, and I’ve shaken his hand. This actually has fulfilled a hope of mine, meeting this Central New York celebrity. Through the years, I’ve read his entertainment articles, and he has–and continues to–inspired me to get more involved with music and movies… and writing about them. I don’t joke about writing, a passion, and those who inspire me. Mark is one of the nicest people, and he did congratulate me. I’m glad we can joke with each other, and learn more about each other through posts. It’s a privilege to be a part of the CNY Bloggers, which is filled with several other intriguing writers.
The list includes 21 bloggers, because of my love of odd numbers, and I wanted to include a variety of bloggers in there. It’s the end of the year, so listing a lot is my wanting to celebrate.
Anyways, here are the requirements.
Section 1: Directions for you to accept the The Inventive Blogger Award
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the The Inventive Blogger Award.
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen- there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required- and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3. Include in your blog post *FIVE* things that you enjoy about blogging.
4. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them- (please don’t alter the instructions or the badge!)
5. Come over and say hello to the originator of the “The Inventive Blogger Award” via this link: http://DonCharisma.org/2013/12/24/christmas-awards-the-inventive-blogger-award
6. And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award, and then proudly display the award on your blog.
THE NOMINEES ARE… IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER…
(This is where Mark falls.)
Section 2: FIVE things I enjoy about blogging.
1. Taking the Don Charisma route and words: I enjoy meeting new people, which is very enriching. Switching to WordPress has been an absolute blessing. I’ve come across so many different writers, who have significantly different and various styles. There are those who fall into certain niches, and even they show different perspectives and insights. As stated above, Central New York has a blog community, and meetings are scheduled where we can all meet up. These bloggers have pushed me mentally, encouraging me to try new and different routes, because of a variety of interests. Meeting everyone through words or in person has been inspiring.
2. I love the ability to try new voices. My posts and tones vary, which is done on purpose. Writing is something that is desired to to more of, to practice more, to make mistakes with, and to succeed at.
3. To go along with the second: I enjoy reading others take risks. It’s not so much analyzing readers, but seeing how they have a different take, opinion, style about certain aspects and life in general. Progression is inevitable, and it’s enjoyable to see success.
4. What other routes can be taken? Photography, poetry, captions, and/or a couple lines. Anything can be possible with blogging.
5. This is going to sound ridiculous, but sometimes I think maybe I’ll meet The One through my blogging. Maybe she’s out there and she’ll–by happenstance–stumble upon these passages and see how ridiculous and how sweet I can be. Writing (and improv) has helped make me a more honest, humble person; she’ll see this, consider me a dork, laugh at me, criticize my mistakes but accept my fallibility, and still pick at the inner workings of a closeted romantic. At least she’ll simply read.
I play with words and invisible objects.
A mind, a pen and a piece paper have the best relationship ever.
"Remember this--if you shut your mouth, you have your choice."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald