I need to get cracking on this Liebster Award business, because it’s been about a week… maybe more.
Thank you to Lara, who has now surpassed the disqualifying 200-follower mark. I technically cannot give backsies for nominating me, but since she now has over the 200 limit… well, too bad, Lara. How dare you get followers!
I’m kidding. Time is of the Essence is such a fantastically entertaining blog.
It is going to be admitted that it was a pain in the ass to find bloggers with less than 200 followers. This is according to the WordPress reader count. Reliable? Not sure. Many those came with a surprise. Before I answer Lara’s questions, let’s get to the nominees. This is in no way a chronological order of favorites.
Before you follow these blogs, all of you should clap after you read each name. Go on, create a scene.
Here is the list:
- The Silver Linings Project
- Divers Who Want to Learn More
- Fragments of Life
- The Buddha’s Hotdog
- Works By Anastasia
- the c-word
- The Wild and Wiley Ways of a Brunette Bombshell
- Existentialists R Us
- She Drives a Vegetable Car
- The Watcher
- Renee DeAngelo
- Dating Ann
- Melancholy Contemplation
- Average Nobodies
- Pills & Pillow Talk
- Irish Investigations
PART TREE… ERR… THREE
Listen, now some questions have to be answered. Honesty is the best policy. Come on, Sara Bareillis, sing to me that you want me to be brave.
1. If you could be any character from Winnie the Pooh, who would it be and why?
Christopher Robin, of course! My name is Christopher after all, and I have an overactive imagination. As a kid, I thought anyone with the name Christopher was awesome.
2. Donald Trump, Lindsay Lohan, Dennis Rodman. Marry, Kill, Fuck. GO!
These people mean nothing to me. I’m going to simply pull the covers over my head and go back to sleep. If you ignore them, they will go away…
If I have to answer this question, how about… I don’t apologize for the language. I will kill the notion that I’d have to fuck-ing marry one of these people.
3. What was the last song you listened to?
This one (and you thought this post wasn’t going to have music… tsk):
4. If you could get one thing out of life, what would it be?
“Money for nothing, and the chicks for free. I want my MTV.” (Back to normal at least.)
To fall madly, endlessly in love. I don’t want to be alone, and life will be fine if I’m simply with that one person.
5. If you were on a desert island, and could only choose one luxury, pizza or bacon, which would it be? And for the record, bacon pizza is not an option.
Dammit. I would choose pizza. Why? Living off the land. If you live off the land, you will eat flora and fauna. There is a great chance that there could be wild pigs, and wild pigs means bacon.
Take that, Lara!
6. Describe yourself in one sentence.
“I am Lloyd Dobler.”
7. How old do you think you were when you first became the person you are today?
The day I turned 30.
8. What is your biggest fear?
Snakes, big poisonous spiders, drowning and suffocating… all rolled into one gut wrenching scenario. Yeesh.
9. If you could visit any planet, which would you choose?
I hear Neptune is wonderful.
10. If you could witness any event, past present or future, which would it be?
I don’t want to witness anyone being assassinated, so I would say I would love to enjoy one night in a Paris with Fitzgerald and Hemingway. Yes, it’s a cop out that sounds like a movie, but it’s true. Red wine and/or whiskey, jazz, culture, writing.
Your questions to answer…
1. If you didn’t have any comprehension of writing, what would your artistic talent be?
2. What classic Nintendo game would you be the main protagonist in?
3. Your own private hell would be incomplete without _________?
4. If you had to pick one which would you suffer from for the rest of your life: (a) saying just kidding after everything you say, or (b) flick people in the nose every time you address them.
5. If you had the option to live anywhere you’d like, what location would you move to?
6. Chocolate, Vanilla, or Twist?
7. What books are/would be on your coffee table?
8. Aside popular cities, where/how would you spend a holiday? Relaxing on a beach or Hiking/Camping in the wilderness.
9. What was the last book you read? The current book you’re reading? The next book on your list?
10. What band/album can you listen to all the way though without skipping a song?
Thank you again, Lara, for the nomination. There is much love for you, bloggers. Thank you for your encouragement in every definition or fashion.
I play with words and invisible objects.
A mind, a pen and a piece paper have the best relationship ever.
"Remember this--if you shut your mouth, you have your choice."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald