Yesterday, blogger Mark Bialczak nominated me for The Dragon’s Loyalty Award, and I am grateful for this recognition. So, thank you, Mark. I’m going to say, again, that it’s a pleasure to have crossed paths and to have shaken this writer’s hand.
A post isn’t the same without some music, and this song quickly came to mind due to the reaction towards the title of the award. Plus, Spoon is one of my favorite rock bands.
And here we go…
Section 1: Directions for you to accept the Dragon’s Loyalty Award.
1. Display to Award on your blog.
2. Announce your win with a post and thank the blogger who awarded you.
3. Present 15 deserving bloggers with the award.
4. Link your awardees in the post and let them know of their being awarded.
5. Write seven interesting things about yourself.
Section 2: Seven interesting things about me.
It’s hard to pick out seven things that you may not know about me, and that can be designated as interesting.
1. I was born on my mother’s father’s birthday. (My brother was born on my father’s father’s birthday.)
2. I don’t remember if my first concert was (a) Blood, Sweat & Tears or (b) Emerson, Lake, and Palmer opening for Jethro Tull
3. I rarely drink soda, and stopped in 2003, because of giving the drink up for Lent. (Soda-free since 2003!) My annual consumption is probably between the size of a Dixie Cup.
4. Branching off of #3: I like to be cheesy and create rhymed sayings whenever possible. As another example, my voice mail message: You’ve reached the phone of Chris Malone. Please leave a message after the tone. It’s been the same since 2005.
5. A favorite book that I’ve read a few times and have always thoroughly enjoyed is a book probably no one would expect: Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe.
6. My favorite quote of the moment: “Remember this–if you shut your mouth, you have your choice.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
7. Favorite Muppets: Sweetums, the duo of Statler and Waldorf (can’t have one without the other), and Bobo the Bear.
Section 3: I’m awarding this Dragon’s Loyalty Award to these people and in no particular order… except alphabetical…
Thank you all for your support. You’re all wonderful people and writers.
I play with words and invisible objects.
A mind, a pen and a piece paper have the best relationship ever.
"Remember this--if you shut your mouth, you have your choice."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald